We are HIRING!
Westview is an architectural lighting and control, theatrical integration, and custom fabrication firm headquartered in Denver, Colorado. We are a fun, dynamic team who have made it our mission to support those who are “out of the limelight.” From supplying a high school drama teacher with the right equipment to make their students shine, to helping a facilities team light a roller coaster and give guests the ride of their lives, we believe in giving our best to those who help create life’s most memorable experiences.
We believe in challenging every employee to be a lifelong learner. We believe in building strong relationships. We believe in maintaining a sustainable work/life balance and creating an environment that makes team members excited to come to work each day.
Westview is always looking for new team members. Below are current openings within the Westview companies. To apply, please send a resume and letter of interest to: email@example.com
No phone calls please.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance Coverage (Eligible Immediately Upon Employment )
- 401k - Matching Program Available (Eligible After 1 Year of Employment)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Quarterly Employee Enrichment Stipend (Eligible Immediately Upon Employment )
Current Open Positions
JOB TITLE: Installation Lead
LOCATION: Denver, Colorado
AVAILABILITY: Full time
SALARY: $38 -$45/hour, depending on Tier
POSITION SUMMARY: The installation lead will be responsible for overseeing Westview’s team of installation technicians while on project sites. This position will report directly to the field service manager, and will operate primarily from job sites, working to ensure a successful job completion from beginning to end. The person in this position will be responsible for supervising the installations of rigging systems, audio visual systems, lighting control systems, acoustical systems, seating installations, etc.
NOTE: At Westview, we have three (3) tiers of Lead Installation Technician with increasing levels of skills and experience. Starting tier and pay scale will be determined by Field Service Supervisor based on our Tier guidelines, which will be explained during the interview process.
Tier I starting pay – $38/hour
Tier II starting pay – $40/hour
Tier III starting pay – $45/hour
- Represents the interests of Westview through positive and customer focused attitude
- Takes part in installation and repairs of stage, performance, and theatrical rigging systems in various performance spaces and venues
- Keeps a well-organized jobsite
- Attends jobsite related meetings as required
- Acts as liaison between jobsite staff and management teams
- Keeps accurate, up to date, well organized job site documentation
- Performs effective end-user training on all scopes of work performed by Westview
- Provides technical support when needed
- Ensures management receives applicable documentation in a timely manner.
- Exceeds customer expectations for service and responsiveness
- Works with project team to develop action plans and resolutions when issues arise to ensure completion time restraints are met
- Stays up to date on the latest published rigging standards, installation procedures, and general practice of the industry
- Responsible for setting a tone of positivity and teamwork among field employees
- Helps in the training of lower-level technicians
- This position requires occasional work in the evenings and on weekends
- Other duties as assigned
- ETCP Certified with a concentration in theatre
- Degree in Technical Theatre or related technical field, or 3-6 years professional experience
- Extensive customer service skills
- Strong knowledge of various systems pertaining to entertainment spaces
- Knowledge of construction industry practices
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Strong degree of flexibility and independence
- Proficient computer skills using programs such as Microsoft Office Suite and Bluebeam
- Able to use hand tools, power tools, and electronic test tools
- Able to travel at least 80% of the time
- Must maintain an acceptable driving record and valid license
- Ability to work weekend and evenings as required
- Ability to work within a construction site
- Able to lift up to 65 pounds
- Able to pass DOT physical requirements
- Must be willing to submit to a background check should offer of employment be made.
- Must be able to pass a drug test if required
JOB TITLE: Fabrication Welder
LOCATION: Denver, CO
AVAILABILITY: Full time
SALARY RANGE: $24 – 30/hour starting salary, based on experience
The employee filling the Fabrication Welder position will be a hardworking, reliable and creative member of the team responsible for the creation of fabricated materials for a multitude of projects. This individual will utilize a variety of materials, tools, and methods to construct numerous fabricated items for both small- and large-scale projects. The ideal candidate for this role will be an organized, enthusiastic person, able to remain calm under pressure, and with a strong fabrication welding background.
Fabricate custom pieces according to project specifications and design requirements
Perform efficient welding of various metal objects using such processes as Metal Inert Gas (MIG), Manual Metal Arc or Tungsten inert gas (TIG).
Determine the required equipment and best welding or other construction method, applying knowledge of diverse techniques.
Fabricate projects using various materials including steel, aluminum, wood, miscellaneous plastics, and foams, as necessary.
Fabricate elements for fabrication projects to include woodworking and assembly skills.
Provide assistance to the production process and manufacture various fixtures.
Evaluate finished products and perform quality checks.
Work with other tools and shop equipment such as manual mills, press-brake, saws, grinders, drills, etc. as necessary.
Execute safe use and maintenance of tools, materials and equipment necessary to perform job while adhering to strict health and safety guidelines.
Promote professional customer service skills including appearance and interaction with all contacts inside and outside of the company.
Collaborate with the design team to ensure accurate interpretation and implementation of project plans
Requires approximately 15% travel to include on-site welding.
AWS welding certificate for code D1.1
Graduation from vocational school, minimum 3 years of related experience, or equivalent combination of both
Steel and aluminum fabrication skills, in addition to experience with carpentry
Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
Experience as a custom fabricator with a focus on metal, wood and plastics
Excellent time management skills
Ability to read and understand construction drawings
Valid driver’s license
Technical theater or construction experience a plus
Don’t see a position that fits? Reach out anyway, we are always looking for skilled individuals to join the team.
We are always looking for skilled controls or installation technicians to help out on short term projects all over the country. Submit this form to be added to our overhire directory.